How can I change the name on my Hotmail account?

cd9ea21e8e5ccf1b9b8b411cc5913d2f October 12, 2012

I have a problem with my Hotmail account. When I send e-mail to other people my name appears normally. However, when they add me to their contacts or when I use my e-mail in a service like Google+, a different name appears, one that I apparently put in for fun and is a strange nickname.

I can’t figure out how to change that name! When I go to Hotmail’s preferences the only thing I can change is the normal name which appears on the website and on my e-mails, however no option to change the other name. I have no idea what it is or how to change it, please help!

1. Rayon Blend

log-in your old username and password , look under accounts . you should see your old username -on the right side that say edit to change your username. you should be set .

2. Edwin Williams

I think if you want to change how people see you, you would have to change the name of your email...which means getting a completely new hotmail account.

3. Harish Jonnalagadda

Try sending a mail to yourself and see if this actually is the case.