How do I change the Gmail account on my Android phone?

May 15, 2014

I would like to know how can I change my Gmail that I registered on my Android phone (LG L4 II). I actually have it on 2 phones and I have a problem with Google Hangouts: Everything I write on a phone is written automatically on the other one.

So I need to change my Gmail on the mentioned phone.

Thank you!

1. kelvin

thanks

2. Bhanu Handa

just change the password of your gmail account from any external pc then use your gmail account in phone. It will ask for password and username then you can change ur account on any of your android phones. it works,i have also overcome this situation.

Along with Hovsep's suggestion, check your Accounts in Settings to see if there is Google listed. If so, remove the account. Not all phones have this or allows this, but many newer phones allow changing accounts or at least adding a new account.

Settings>Apps>Manage apps>Google Apps>Clear data.
    After that, Settings>Data Synchronization>Google

5. Rajaa C

Probably do a Factory reset of the phone after taking your data backup, as if you have apps installed with the previous gmail ID from Play Store, you may get the message "This account is required by some applications. You can only remove it by resetting the phone to factory defaults (which deletes all your personal data). You do that in the Settings applications, under privacy."

However, with the new GMail ID, you will then have to redo the process of fresh app installs.

6. A.abdelwahab

i thank you must format your phone