How can I change Facebook to look like it used to?

Jerry November 10, 2011

Is there a workable way to change Facebook back to the old version? I tried Greasemonkey and it worked one time, but I messed it up and it won’t work again now. Thanks.

1. Jay.0

It's 2012. Click on settings to realize it's all gone.

• Kelvin Castelino

No! Check the NOTE!! The link will take you to some plugins, which help yu see facebook in a different way! So for time being its not bad!! What say?

2. Krishnapriya

One is simple way is changing your language from English (US) to English (India). It worked before but I don't know about now. One more thing, you won't find English (India) if you change languages by clicking the link below the page. You have to go to the Account Settings and change your language setting from the drop-down menu.

I am already using english(india), new changes are now applied to all the languages.
      initially I wanted the old settings back, but then i realized that new features are not as annoying as it seem to us.
      and as you have now the option to see recent or highlighted story, the most annoying part is gone.

Why you should not change to old settings ?

Facebook has failed to present some really nice feautures.
      Chat is an exception. i accept the olfd chat was better.
      but the other two ticker/sidebar and highlighted stories are really good.

they are no more annoying because you have the option to sort.

it is like priority inbox in gmail.
      you have the choice between classic and priority inbox.

it allows you to select which one is highlighted story. you can mark and unmark.
      so after 2 days,you just have to go to highlighted stories to find the post.

if you regularly mark-unmark  the story highlighted, it will be useful to you for sure.
      it will better you news feed.

ticker/sidebar.

why do people do not like it?!

it shows you some activities that news feed don't.
      it enables the preview.
      and it shows you the activities of people who are online but not online on chat.
      if you use sidebar with this purpose, it's useful.

Hello, what you are asking was possible before the new setup was finished implementing by doing the following:

http://www.tothepc.com/archives/switch-old-facebook-profile-page-layout/

I don't think it is possible now because the new setup is already finalized.

go to news feed: click on sort:select recent stories first
    now recent stories will apear like it was before.

• Susendeep Dutta

The appearance of Recent stories feeds are temporary.They just revert back to Top stories after logout.

yes, even i noticed it sometimes, but it does not happen every time on all the broswers and computers.
        i think it is based on cookies. make sure you are not using IE which deletes everything on exit :)
        just keep sorting, it will be stable., else you dont have an option, keep sorting, it takes a click only !