How can I change my Facebook account name?

Steve December 27, 2010

I originally signed up for Facebook with just initials. I would like to change that to my full name. How can I do this? And, does that invalidate all my ‘friends’ when it is renamed?

1. Fafaee1

i try to change my password and i did so many times ,but after 1 min again when i want to entre my new password it dosent work ,,i get tired ,please help me how can i open my ID,,i diidnt open my id form past 5 days ,,before i used to be work by mobile sent code but i remove that after my password dosent work even i add new one again it s not working ..:(((

2. Sharath.seo

Hi,its simple.login to your facebook go to the home page. remove the extension url(example: ) remove the "xxxxx" part after the in that place type "username". its like "" and press ENTER key. Now you will find the option to set-up your username.U will find the space to check the availability of your username.If its available you can save and reserve the username of your account. My account is check it out! thank you!

3. Rick Vause

I know that you should be prudent when changing your displayed name on Facebook as it is flood limited so should you make a mistake you may get stuck with that name for a while.

you can change two things. First, your username, and second your displayed name.

To change your user name, go to this page, click on > More and type in your desired username. Facebook will check for availability and in case it's available, you can change it.

To change the name displayed on your profile, click on > Account > Account Settings, next to name click on > Change and type in your first, middle, and last name, finally click > Change Name. You can also add an > Alternate Name.

Does that answer your question?