How can I change the default answer from ‘No’ to ‘Yes’ when creating desktop shortcuts?

Brian Fitzpatrick September 18, 2011

Using Windows 7 Ultimate with Internet Explorer 8.

How can I change the default answer that my mouse goes to from “No” to “Yes” when I right click a webpage, or a picture, etc. to drop a shortcut to my desktop?

You would think the default would be “Yes” since I right clicked and then clicked on “create a shortcut” from the drop down menu. I mean I already said to “create a shortcut”!? And I know it’s only another click, but some days I will have 20 or more shortcuts when doing some research online.

I’ve searched throughout the registry for a “D-Word” value to change but have had no luck. Google and Ask, didn’t have any answers either so maybe you can help?

I don't know how to do change it...but if you want to save time then you can
    1. press lest arrow +enter
    2. alt f+e+s

press Y !!!

The default value of GUI prompts usually is hard coded into the software. I don't really see how to change it without reverse engineering.

If it's a save dialog ALT + S should do the proper input, for a YesNo prompt ALT + Y should make it faster.