How can I change the color of my Windows loading screen?

mahesh November 18, 2011

I am using Windows 7. I had changed the color to a white screen when Windows 7 was loading. Now I want to change the color to black. That is want the color to be black when Windows loads, but I have forgotten how to do it.

Hello, there are two ways, the easy and the hard way.  The easy way is by using a program like Windows 7 Boot Updater:

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/change-windows-7-boot-and-resume-screens-with-windows-7-boot-updater/

And the hard way is by changing the key in the registry.  Beware, if you use these steps, it is is at your own risk.  Make sure to backup registry, also make a backup of your system, and also create a system restore.  Keep in mind that background has to be 245 kB at the most. 

-- navigate to C:WindowsSystem32oobeinfobackgrounds folder and rename backgroundDefault.jpg to something like backgroundDefault1.jpg

-- create a new image with your background and name it backgroundDefault.jpg

-- copy/save that image in C:WindowsSystem32oobeinfobackgrounds folder

-- open registry editor

-- navigate to HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrent VersionAuthenticationLogonUIBackground key

-- create a new DWORD_32 with the following values:
    Value: 1 (DWORD_32) Entry: OEMBackground