How do change my apple ID on my iPhone 3?

Helen Guss August 24, 2012

I had to change my email as I switched service providers. I can’t seem to change my Apple ID on my iPhone and whenever I try to install an app it defaults to my old ID. Any suggestions?

1. sajeel ibrahim

i need to get everythng on my apple i phone 3g the applications

2. Katie Conway

Go to Settings > Store > Tap on the Apple ID > Tap Sign out > Tap Sign in > Use the preferred Apple ID

3. Kavita Shah
    they provide help also :P

4. Andrew Wells

Go to Settings > Store > Tap on the Apple ID > Tap Sign out.
    Failing this, restore your iPhone!

5. Gian Singh

You have to do it on their website or in itunes i think search google for apple id change

6. Jayaram

Go to itune on your iphone, scroll down and select the existing Apple ID. Then sign out from there and create your new Apple ID and username.

7. Krishna Vallabhaneni

settings - store - apple id - sign out - use existing apple id

• Nok

yes...i did..but still asking for password of old apple id , please suggest !!!

8. Andrew Wong

Changing your Apple ID will mean you will lose all your purchases because all of your purchases from the App atore are tied to your Apple ID.

It is unfortunate that you used your email address as your Apple ID. Going forward, you should create a free Apple iCloud account that you can keep as your unchanging Apple ID. This way, you will never lose your App Store and iTunes purchases if you had to change your email address again.

9. April Eum

you can go to APP STORE>scroll alllllll the way to the bottom>click apple ID (gives you multiple options "View Apple ID" "Sign Out" "iForgot"> click Sign out>click again to enter your currently using ID :)

• Cherri

April -I have read a lot of replies on how to change this on the Iphone. Yours was the only one that worked. Thanks so much.

• Amy Conway

Thank you, April...this worked for me, too! :)

10. danielooi

1. You need to delete those apps that is purchased by your previous Apple ID.
    2. You need to purchase those apps again with your new Apple ID.

11. iVad3r

12. luc moonen