Why is CD ripping slow using iTunes and my Dell Studio 17’s disk drive?

thegoocher November 25, 2010

I am having a terrible time trying to rip CDs mostly through iTunes on my Dell Studio 1749 with a tsscorp dvd=/-rw ts-t633c drive. When I try to extract the audio from a CD, the fastest it will rip is about at 5x. I also have ripped the same CDs through a external USB drive and the external drive rips at about 35x.

I have updated the BIOS and drivers for the chipset and drive. Played around with everything I could think of. I contacted Dell customer service who basically told me that I would have to pay for some extra service to find out what was wrong with it, even though it is still under warranty. Their position is that it it works and it must be a software issue, even though I get two different speeds from two different drives using the same software. I also tried to rip using Windows Media Player and RealPlayer.

I would appreciate anybody’s help out there.

HiIf you have other burning soft possible they are in conflict with itunes. itunes try setting the brun speed to the max possible and see if it makes any differencetry this1. Search for a folder called "x86". It's a hidden folder, located in C:Program Data{some registry key}/x86 ther are GEAR files in it.2. Right click the file called "GEARAspiWDM.inf" and click install.3. Reboot.hopeThat should solve the problem.