What could cause a Skype connection error causing lifelike human screams?

Anonymous February 6, 2014

I was video chatting with my friend the other day and was abruptly interrupted by our bad connection dropping our call. Seconds after the call ended, I received a callback from her. When I answered, she did not respond to me but instead I heard electronic slams and smacks. After these slams and smacks, I would hear what seemed to be people screaming, as if in an argument or a fight. Some would sound electronic as well but others would sound terrifyingly realistic. The audio was very choppy as well. I hung up and it called me again only to repeat the experience. After hanging up one more time, I received no call so I called her this time but the call was never answered. It was 1 in the morning and she was asleep so we don’t know if she even received a call. I told her about it in the morning and she said nothing was going on her side that night. No loud smacks or screaming. Apparently, only I had experienced this. What could’ve caused this? It was honestly extremely disturbing.

1. Dave

You heard screams from your friend's Skype line and you didn't follow up to make sure they were ok? Nice friend you are.

you can try to uninstall Skype, delete all left over files, reboot pc, reinstall skype and check if the problem is solved.

I have absolutely no idea what caused it, but both you and your friend can check your "recent" log to see who called and exactly when. If your Skype shows calls from your friend, and your friend's Skype does not show that they called you at that time, you should report this to Skype's tech-support as, quite apart from the harrowing noises, there may be a security issue there.