How can I capture a website so I can view it later?

Kinda November 4, 2011

Sometimes, I want to save how a navigation menu or mouse hover effect works on a website.

Linking to the site is not a good idea, because the design might change, or I might want to see it offline.

Is there at tool that I can use to save portions of a site, so I can access them later, that will preserve page elements like this?

1. RelationshipRoadmaps

To Return to a website, or page, or to Copy and Paste to  post, I use my Firefox Bookmarks. Select page to copy with a right click, on page or address to select purpose.  i.e.-Bookmark This Page, or, Save Page As, etc. (follow pop-up prompts)
    To Return to Page,  -Open fresh browser tab, or use the old one. Left click on Bookmarks, left click on target address.  Voila! (I bookmark Yahoo, G-mail, Hotmail, sign-in pages, to bypass main page.)
    -To Copy and Paste,  -Open Bookmarks, Right click on target, Left click to copy, then Right click on target(the open message box?), Left click on Paste.

2. RelationshipRoadmaps

Software · InspireSoft :  Screenshoter-Select destination folder, draw area with cursor, and Print Screen(to save in JPG, PNG, or BMP immage format).  

check this out:

How To Save A Complete Webpage For Offline Reading
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/save-complete-webpage-offline-reading/

If you're just trying to "borrow" the source, save the page's source code and find the area responcible for the menu. The process of doing so depends on which browser you use, but typically it's File -> Save Page As. You can only view the source if it's executed on the client side.

Firebug will simplify locating the source that performs a given action.

5. Stivinn Aura

I like using Read It Later for such purposes. It's available for Firefox, Opera, Safari, IE as well as for Chrome.

Read It Later doesn't preserve the style of the page. Otherwise definitely a great tool.