How can I get CAPS LOCK to work using Ekaya?

EkayaProblem March 28, 2011

I am working on a keyboard for a new language using unicode. Someone sent me Ekaya, an application which supports keyman files (.kmn). However, the trouble is that CAPS LOCK is not activated, it gives lower case letters. Does anyone know how I can go about this? Thanks for your help.

Hi
    Keyman 7.0 Light, and the former free version of Keyman 6.2 do not support TSF and are limited to two keyboards
    http://www.tavultesoft.com/70/download.php

To develop Keyman keyboards, users must have Keyman Developer (Tike). Edit the source .kmn file for Keyman tables in any ASCII editor or use the Keyman Developer program. Then use Keyman Developer to convert this into a compiled .kmx file.

Keyman tables must be installed in Keyman before trying to use them.
    1. Double-click the .kmx/.kmp file or right-click the Keyman icon and choose Keyman Configuration.
    2. Click Install keyboard.
    In non-FieldWorks applications, to type using this keyboard, click the Keyman icon and select the desired keyboard. Once FieldWorks is set up properly, the switch will take place automatically without using the Keyman icon.

Fieldworks provides a Keyman keyboard developed by the Non-Roman Script Initiative (NRSI) for typing IPA characters. The file to install is c:Program FilesSILFieldWorksKeyboardsIPAKeymanIPAUni11.kmp.
    http://12.177.127.131/cms/scripts/page.php?item_id=SILKeyboards

Windows provides a useful program when dealing with unfamiliar system keyboards.
    1. Go to Start…Run.
    2. Type osk in the open combo and click OK.
    Result: Brings up a window that stays on top of other windows. It shows the keys for the active keyboard, showing various shift states.
    . Tip: Use the mouse in the dialog to switch shift states and insert clicked characters at the cursor. You may need to move the mouse over the window to get it to update to show a new keyboard.

Windows Vista
    1.Go to Control Panel, “Change keyboards or other input methods”, under the “Clock, Language and Region” option (in Classic View, select Regional and Language Options, Keyboards and Languages tab)
    2.Click Change Keyboards, click Add
    3.Select your right-to-left language for the Input language*, and US keyboard layout from the “Keyboard layout/IME” list, click OK
    4.Click OK, OK
    5.Start Keyman Configuration, and click the Languages tab
    6.For your right-to-left language entry, select the Keyman keyboard and click OK

• EkayaProblem

@ha14

I can type all the unicode symbols wanted but the CAPSLOCK produces lowercase. The keyboard can now type in the new language. May be you would need to look at the code if there is a way we can link up.

2. Jonathan Engeln

Did you try looking in your .kmn files about + [NCAPS K_*] and + [CAPS K_*] definitions ?

• EkayaProblem

@ Jonathan
      No I have not looked at the +NCAPSK_* etc. Do you suggest I do this and then change something?

EkayaProblem,

were you able to solve the problem in the meantime? If yes, how did you do it? Your feedback is appreciated! :)

• EkayaProblem

Hi Tina
          I have not yet been able to solve this problem. Ekaya does not recognize the suggestions posted. I have also emailed the Ekaya company but received no reply.