Why can’t I use BlueStacks on my Mac?

July 26, 2014

I’m having trouble downloading BlueStacks. It says it won’t download on my version of Mac OS X. Please help.

As Oron said, please state which OS X version you are running. Click the Apple logo at the top left, then select System Information.

Going by your post information which says Safari 5 you are either running OS X 10.5 or 10.6.
    BlueStacks requires OS X 10.6. If you are running 10.6 make sure you have all Software Updates installed.

If you are running 10.5 using an Intel based Mac then you will have to upgrade your OS X to a newer version (i.e. upgrade to 10.6. either by purchasing a CD from Apple or borrowing one from someone you know).

If you are using a PowerPC based Mac then I'm afraid you will neither be able to upgrade to a newer OS X nor run BlueStacks.

You haven't told us which version of Mac OS X you are using, so it's kind of hard to help you. Have a look at http://support.bluestacks.com/hc/en-us/articles/202028178-Mac-OS-X-Installation-Requirements and perhaps you'll find the answer there.