Why can’t I use access the Google Play Store from my Samsung Galaxy S4?

Jalisa Begay October 2, 2014

A month ago, I got a new Galaxy S4. I signed into my Google account and went to the Play Store but every time I tried to download a app it said “Dowloading Failed or Error Connection”. I did a factory reset on my Galaxy S4 and retried again, but this time every time I went to Play Store my whole phone froze, so I did everything that was posted to do with this problem. Now my S4 is only downloading from the GALAXY APPS but not Play Store. Why is this happening?

1. ed

Thanks, the information here got me going again and everything is working properly now.

2. DalSan M

Was the phone purchased from a store or from a person? If from a site, take it back and see if they can fix the issue or replace the device. If from a person, the phone may have a custom ROM and the GApps that was installed isn't compatible with the installed Android version.

Go to Settings, About Phone (you may have to go to Device and About Phone), note the kernel version and build number. This information can tell us if the phone has a custom ROM or not. We may be able to help further with this information.

try to Reset Date and Time even if they are correct

Problems downloading apps & games
    https://support.google.com/googleplay/troubleshooter/4592924?hl=en#ts=4593674
    Here's how to check your Download Manager settings.
    1.Open your device's main Settings menu.
    2.Under "Device", touch Apps or Application manager (depending on your device, this may be different).
    3.Swipe to view "All" apps.
    4.Select the Download Manager app. ?If you see an Enable option, Download Manager is turned off. Touch Enable to turn it on.
    ?If you see a Disable option, Download Manager is turned on. Keep Download Manager turned on to download apps.