Why can’t I sign into my hosted website?

March 2, 2014

I haven’t sign into my website for several weeks. Would someone be able to tell me what is going on with 1FREEHOSTING.COM? It’s been a few days now and I can’t get my website (subdomain) to come up. Whatever browser I use tells me it can’t find the server. Are their servers down? Have they sold out to another company? I’d be much obliged for any info. -Ella

1. Kdee B

Never having seen this line before, I don't know. You could expand on it, by explaining what were you doing at the time and what section of 1Freehosting.com you were in, when the message came up. Also, you can submit a ticket to 1Freehosting.com and ask them what it means. Granted, if you are not a paying member it will take them up to seven days for them to answer you back.

2. Paul

Anybody having any idea what this line means in 1freehosting.com---> "Feature set section is disabled"?

3. Kdee B

I had to come back and let y'all know that I got my website (under a subdomain) working once again. The process or steps I had to take were somewhat complicated, but never the less my site is showing up again. Thanx for taking the time to help me. -KDee

4. Kdee B

I have no idea what all this means, but I was able to login into 1Freehosting and I am being told that my domain isn't pointing to their server. Have any idea what they mean by this? And how does one go about pointing the domain to a server? I'd be much obliged if you could give me some insight. Thank you for all your help so far.
    -Kdee

5. Kdee B

Are you saying that "my" sight has been brought down? If that's the case how can a site that is giving away novenas and medals for FREE be a phishing site? That doesn't make any sense WHATSOEVER! But thanx for checking it out for me. I submitted a ticket a couple of days ago and I STILL haven't gotten an answer from 1FREEHOSTING. -KDee

• Bruce E

All of my testing had to do with the hostingsiteforfree.com domain and its associated subdomains. I am now getting HTTP responses so the web services are currently running, but all requests return 404 (not found) errors, so there appears to be no content on the server at all.

It looks like their authoritative name servers have been taken down (or at least I can only get non-authoritative responses). The machine itself is still alive (it responds to ping requests), but it does not appear to be running a web server any longer (does not respond to HTTP requests). According to WOT, this site has been reported as a phishing site. Other locations indicate that they have been reported for spam and other abuse, so the site may have been brought down.

7. Kdee B

Wonderful service isn't it? If anything would deter me from going PRO with this service, it would be the way they've handled my subdomain site! AND STILL NO ANSWERS!!!

8. Kdee B

it's a subdomain and it's not showing up. I indicated that above.

site is:
    http://saint-of-the-impossible.hostingsiteforfree.com/

• Umit Y

sorry, somehow I've missed what was already written :)

godaddy.com has suspended hostingsitefree.com. That domain's registrar is godaddy.com. Please check this info.

http://whois.domaintools.com/hostingsiteforfree.com.

I think this is why your site is not working and 1freehosting.com can't answer your complaints because they're dependant on godaddy. Pixub.com is working so maybe you can get saint-of-the-impossible.pixub.com instead. There are other domain alternatives which I can't remember now.

• Kdee B

The Pixub.com didn't work. Keeps taking me back to the same old 1Freehosting.com garbage and I can't load up to the ftp storage space, because it tells me my domain isn't pointed to their server. And when I added saint-of-the-impossible using your suggestion, it STILL can't be found. GoDamn Daddy and 1Freehosting.com have created a cluster-F. It took me hours of work to create this subdomain site. I'll go look somewhere else. Thanx for your help people. -KDee

• Kdee B

I found an easier way of getting my original website (subdomain) back on the internet. I created a different account and I deleted the existing subdomain's name from the first account and started from scratch with a newly created subdomain, using the same name. Doing it this way, isn't as complicated as the first time like I indicated. Now what I would like to know; does anyone know how to delete an old account on 1Freehosting.com, completely? I would like to have only ONE account. Would be much obliged. -KDee

9. Umit Y

you can't open 1freehosting.com website or yourdomain.1freehosting.com ?
    what is your subdomain ?