Why can’t I sign into GMail?

Theparkers2 July 10, 2014

I already have a legitimate Gmail address, but can not find any dialog box in Google, Gmail or elsewhere which will allow me to simply “sign in”. The way of the landing page is such that every attempt to “Log In” leads you back to this page.

How do I get (pick up) my Gmail? It just keeps going right back to Add Gmail to your Account . . .

I already have a Gmail account, I don’t need and I don’t want another account, I don’t want to “link” anything else, I just want to sign in to the one I have.

There seems to be no contact information to ask Google this as well. You can see what I mean as well if you just type in my question on the internet.

So, please, help and many thanks.

Safari 6 (OS X Mountain Lion): Remove cookies and other data
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ph11920
    1.Open Safari if it is not already open.
    2. Choose Safari > Preferences, and then click Privacy.
    3. Click Details.
    4. Select one or more websites that stores cookies, and then click Remove or Remove All.
    5. When you finish removing websites, click Done.

Something's not quite right here, but it's difficult to tell exactly what without more information. Ordinarily, if you go onto http://www.google.com (or the equivalent Google page for your country), there will be a bright blue button in the top right corner of the screen saying "Sign in", and when you click on it, you will be asked to provide your email address & password.
    If you're already logged into GMail, then the button will not be shown and instead there will be a small icon representing your account, and a "Shared" button next to it. Clicking on the little icon will allow you to control your account, and clicking on the "Mail" link further to the left will take you straight into your email.

If you're not getting either of those options, please tell us a) what browser you're using and b) the URL of the "landing page" you are referring to.

• Theparkers2

Thanks to a conversation I am having with James Bruce, MakeUseOf, I finally logged in with
      my original, created "Gmail ADDRESS and NOT my regular e-mail address. Then I put in my Gmail "password" and I finally got in.

There has to be a better way. The site had indicated I could log in with EITHER e-mail address and my password. So, when had I originally opened my Gmail account under my regular e-mail address with a password, etc. I thought I could just use my regular e-mail address and "that" password to get into Gmail.

After several tries and switches, I finally got in -- using the Gmail address. Really, though. I can see where so many folks are up the creek. Thank you James!!!