Why can’t I see pictures on the new MSN homepage?

Zonyajo October 23, 2014

I can not see the pictures on the new MSN website on links from the homepage. They changed their format recently to Metro style.

Now there are links which show a picture icon in corner so I know it’s a link with pictures. I go to that link, the page loads but no pictures of the content I want to see. A few days a go I had a update and the pictures worked for one day and now back to not being able to see them.

Browsers don’t matter. Firefox, IE or Google, same result. I use IE mostly. Here is a sample link.  The page loads, no picture, black placeholder with full screen expander (don’t work) in corner.

I’m using Windows 7. My spouse is using a Windows 8 laptop and has same problem. The pictures do show on another Windows 7 laptop I have access too.

1. Barb

Thank you GGG. I've been trying to figure this out for weeks. Kaspersky anti banner was the problem.

2. Baloo

I have tried all the suggestions but none worked. I.T. says it is the site...I know that is b.s.

3. Eric Barndt

I'm having the same issue but we are using Trend Micro, any help with that?

4. Kat

If you're using Kaspersky, GGGs response regarding the anti-banner is spot on. Thank you. It works!!!

5. Kat

6. Waldy

I have the same problem. Tracking protection is already off.

7. sinoevil

Had the same problem. Go to "Safety" on your toolbar and Turn off Tracking protection. I turn it on = no pictures. Turn it off = pictures.

8. DM14

I fixed my issue by pausing my internet protection/anti-virus software (Kaspersky).

• GGG

I turned off the anti-banner in Kaspersky and got the pictures back.

9. Gus

ha14, the answers you provided do not fix the problem.

10. Leslie

I tried all of the above (except the last one, as I don't use Vista). None of these worked. It is frustrating to follow a link and have no pictures. Help, please!

open cmd with administrative rights
    type: ipconfig /flushdns
    type: exit

reinstall Java (uninstall first)
    https://java.com/en/download/index.jsp

How can I reset the Hosts file back to the default?
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034/

Why can't I see the pictures on a website?
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-vista/why-cant-i-see-the-pictures-on-a-website

12. MACHOR-JOJO

i got exactly same problem. new msn sucks, I do not know how to fix it either. CAN ANY1 HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE