Why can’t I run the Google Play Store on my Galaxy S2?

June 1, 2014

My Samsung Galaxy S2 has worked perfectly for nearly two years but now have a problem — I cannot download! If I click on the ‘Play store’ app, I get the message

‘Google Play Store cannot start because the Download Manager has been disabled. Enable it?

Now have choice between ‘Cancel’ and ‘OK’. I click on OK and then I get the message:

‘Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped’

then just OK . I have been googling all day for answer to no avail. Can anyone help please?!!

Thank you

Prolog,

In order to mark your question as resolved and hence close this thread(although more useful answers gets posted after that),you'll have to go to Hovsep's comment and click on tick mark icon present on the left side.

Go to settings then Go to all apps-locate google play- Disable google play and clear the cache then re-enable it
    you may have to register your google play account

Problems downloading apps & games
    https://support.google.com/googleplay/troubleshooter/4592924?hl=en
    1.Open your device's main Settings menu.
    2.Under "Device", touch Apps or Application manager (depending on your device, this may be different).
    3.Swipe to view "All" apps.
    4.Select the Download Manager app.

• Teresa

Hovsep A

Thankyou so much, the latter worked. I did not realise that you had to/even could scroll across to ALL, found Download Manager, which showed 'disabled' clicked to 'enable'. Hey presto done brilliant, great start to my week, thanks again.

thanks for your feedback, glad that worked for you:), if you would like to close the thread as solved then from your makeuseof account choose the best answer

• Prolog

Would like to close thread, looked everywhere for my account doh !!
      Can find activity etc but not applicable !!!!

3. J Bonn

Have you signed into a google account yet? If not that would prevent you.