Why can’t I install apps from the Google Play store on my Samsung Galaxy S3 mini?

Anonymous August 23, 2014

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini, GT-I8190N, version 4.1.2 and I am having problems with downloading apps from the Google Play store. It keeps telling me that my device is not compatible with the software, yet my phone is updated to the latest version.

For example, my Whatsapp messenger needed an update but it refused to give me the choice of updating it because “my device was not compatible” so I deleted it and was recommended by a friend that I go onto the Google Play computer website and connect my phone up via USB, then try and download it from there.
I did that and Google Play identified my phone. I was signed in with the same Google account and it allowed me to click the install button but it also told me that my “device was compatible” yet Whatsapp did not install on my phone.

I’ve tried everything and nothing has helped. Please can you help if you have had the same problem and overcame it or if you have any suggestions.

1. Maryann Delacruz

Thank you

2. Maryann Delacruz

I want to install google play store in my iPad

• Dalsan M

Google Play Store is only available on Google Android devices, not Apple iOS devices such as an iPad. You can, however, get Google Play Movies & TV through iTunes for the iPad. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google-play-movies-tv/id746894884?mt=8 Google Play Music and Google Play Books have been available for a few years for iPad through iTunes, as well.

Susendeep's suggestion should work as it is a common solution for this problem. You would have to sign back into your Google account after clearing the data.

If this suggestion does not work, try uninstalling the updates for Google Play Store under the (Manage) Apps settings. Open the Play Store, log in, install the updates, and see if you can download again. Should this fall, you may need to hard/factory reset the device, which means you would lose any saved data and settings, so make backups.

if Susendeep D excellent suggestion do not solve the problem then do backup of your files then hard reset Galaxy S3 mini, GT-I8190N, version 4.1.2

Try clearing your cache and data of Google Play store app(Settings-->Apps-->Google Play).