Why can’t I add/delete files or format my pendrive?

March 3, 2014

When I try to format my pendrive, it starts formatting then at last it displays “Windows was unable to format” and if I open it and delete each file manually then it says “you’ll need to provide administrator permissions to delete this file.” Then I click on continue then it says “you’ll need permissions to perform this action,” “you require permissions from Everyone to make changes to this file.” I am also unable to add new files in it. It shows the same thing: “you need permissions to perform this action”. Help me please!

1. Guy M

First, I would log on to the computer as the Administrator and then change the permissions on the USB drive, folders, and files so that Everyone has full access/control.
    Once that is done, try adding and deleting files. If you still get error messages, check out my article How To Fix Write Protection Errors On a USB Stick.

2. mini

wipe it by Partition Wizard 8.1.1

4. Ashraf M

First you must try to format it in another PC , if the problem still found you can fix it by this ways :
    1-Format by dos
    2-Format by USB format software
    3- Update the flash drive firmware
    You can read this article , will help you
    http://www.flashdrive-repair.com/2014/02/best-usb-flash-drive-repair-software-recovery-format.html