Why can’t I add extensions to Google Chrome?

August 1, 2014

I want to install Timeline Remove on Chrome but it wont let me add extensions I had before and I don’t know why they went.  Also, I can’t update Chrome as disabled by admin.  I would be grateful if these matters can be resolved please.

1. Jeff F

Listen to what the system tells you. You must be an administrator to do something. Consult the system administrator about your issue.

Both the problems sound like they have the same cause - you don't have admin permissions so you can't modify your software. Talk to your administrator and see if that can be changed. If not, best stop using Chrome as you'll not be able to keep it up to date (and by extension, secure).

3. Ben S

Are you on a corporate computer, or one managed by someone else? If so, like in your workplace, they might not want you to install extensions and so disabled the ability to do so.

If this is your personal computer, there may be malware blocking you from installing anything in Chrome, but I've never heard of that happening.

well if the administrator do not allow such actions perhaps to talk with the administrator
    https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/YK1-o4KoSjc%5B1-25-false%5D