How canI find out my Nokia lumia’s IP address?

wati October 17, 2014

How do I  find the IP address on my Nokia lumia 720? Also, how can I increase my 2g & 3g internet speed? Any option welcome! Please help!

1. Jan F.

Go into Settings > WiFi and tap the name of the network you are connected to. You will then see it's current IP data. The public IP on a 2G/3G network can either be found via third-party apps or one of the many websites that show your public IP.

As for increasing 2G/3G speeds there are only three options:
    1. Change your location. The achieved speed is limited by the signal you get on your device. So being outside usually gets you a better signal and therefor higher speeds than being inside. Also being close to a window should help too.
    2. Check your data plan to see what it is limited to. Change it to one allowing faster speeds. Usually the cheaper the plan the lower the speeds your provider will grant you. There is no way around this limit as it is set on your providers end.
    3. Ask your provider about the options for a 3G repeater cells (e.g. AT&T MicroCell) to boost the signal in your home.

FAQ - Does my Nokia Lumia use an IP address when it accesses data networks?
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-za/mobile/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA138383
    You can access your MAC address by going into Settings > About > More Info and see you MAC address listed

FAQ - I cannot share my Lumia’s internet connection with another device
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-za/mobile/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA141363
    1.Switch Battery saver mode off, or connect a charger to your phone: Tap Settings > battery saver > Off.
    2.Check the signal strength on the phone screen. To increase the signal strength, move around, or move towards a window if you are inside a building.
    4.Check the cellular data indicator (E, 2G, 3G, H+, 4G) at the left side of the phone's screen. Change the mobile network highest connection speed from 3G/4G to 2G and back again to make sure that your phone is connecting to the network correctly. Go to Settings > mobile network (or mobile+SIM or cellular or cellular+SIM).

If you perform Bing search on your phone by typing 'my phone's IP address' , you'll get your answer.