How can I cancel a friend request on Facebook?

Litespinr December 18, 2010

How can I un-friend someone I sent a friend request if they haven’t accepted, yet? They have not responded and I have decided I don’t want to friend them. Facebook used to allow to be able to cancel it the request. Seems it has gone. Any ideas please and thanks.

1. Mark O'Neill

You can also go to their profile page and at the bottom left hand side, there is a link that says "cancel friend request".

• Sally

LOL.  I like this response the best.  short and to the point.  And right on!

official help says:
    Visit the person's profile and click the "x" at the top, next to "Awaiting friend confirmation." (http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=18740)

can't help you any further with that ~ not a FB user anymore :)

Thanks a lot for your post. This has helped me a lot. I am really starting to like MAKE USE OF...
      Funny how when you look you can't find something so simple it kind of embarrasses you. Some times I think things are really not that simple...all the time.
      Thanks again Mike. Greatly appreciated..