Can you use RabbitTV with an Android tablet running 4.1 (Jellybean)?

Dee Wheat May 26, 2013

I don’t have an iPad, but I do have a Visual Land Prestige 7″ tablet running Jellybean. My granddaughter bought me a RabbitTV unit for Mother’s Day. I still have an older TV, and until it dies I don’t want to upgrade, and don’t want to tie up my computer to watch TV. I figured if anyone would know if this is possible, it would be the folks here.

How about it, guys, can I do this?

1. Justin Pot

Yeah, seems like it's not working, but it's worth pointing out that all RabbitTV does is pull in content from other sites around the web. Find out if the sites you like offer any Android apps and you can at least watch those. Good luck!

• Dee Wheat

Honestly, it's not something I would have bought for myself. In my area, which is pretty rural, I have to pay for cable to get internet, so I have the basic and expanded channels, but I would probably use it for movies simply because with the limited cable I pay for, I get no movie channels and I refuse to pay the truly obscene charges for HBO and Showtime which, if the scrolling menu is correct, primarily show pretty outdated movies anyway.

I could download the apps for all the channels, but without a movie guide it would mean manually going through all the movies, by which time the movie I wanted to watch would probably be over LOL!

2. Dee Wheat

That's very helpful, thanks! It's not something I would have bought, but as I said it was a gift. I can see how it would be useful if I'm in a situation where I would have a long wait, although I almost always have my wonderful Kindle I won here at MUO with me. I really, REALLY love that thing for a number of reasons. It's lightweight, has an incredibly good battery time, charges quickly when the battery DOES go down, and it allows me to enjoy a good book even when the rheumatoid arthritis that causes so much discomfort in my hands is active. I passed the point of being able to enjoy a hardback several years ago because of the pain of holding it, and had gotten to the point that even the bigger paperbacks was starting to be uncomfortable. The Kindle is a real joy in my day, every day.

I feel for you as my mother also has rheumatic arthritis, as I watch helplessly her going through the pain. All the fingers in her left hand has bent due to it. :( Good to hear that you enjoy your Kindle, which you won from MUO. It is an awesome device. I wish you keep to the best of your health and I pray that the pain subsides. :)

This is what I found in a forum :

Kaycee • 2 months ago
    Can you use the rabbit TV on a tablet?
    2 •Reply•Share ›

freecast Mod Kaycee • a month ago
    Currently Rabbit TV is only available for Windows and Mac computers, but we're working on mobile apps for Android and iOS that will allow you to access Rabbit TV through your smartphone or tablet. Those should be available to the public later this summer.

Read the comments below, gives lots of useful suggestion from a representative of Rabbit TV directly at http://freecast.com/news-blog/2013/01/11/rabbit-tv-review-the-truth-about-rabbit-tv/