Can you set up an agree and disagree button for MakeUseOf Answers?
Question by Drew Butler /

In my opinion it would be great to have the ability to agree or disagree with an answer given to a question. I don’t know how this would affect your point system or anything, but it’s not really about the points for me. Just bored and like to help. lol

Anyways… Just an idea… If implemented maybe another drop down box for the reason you agree/disagree if that’s the case would be good also. Idk

• Boni Oloff

Very interesting idea. At least it will help other to see which one is the most helpful.

• Drew Butler

Glad you agree and good job helping people get their questions resolved btw :)

• josemon maliakal

That’s a cool idea

We left Disqus a few months ago and have since been running on native WordPress commenting. We decided to remain independent of a commercial comment platform and build our own. The backside is that we are moving slowly.

A like or vote feature is on our list, as well as the option for the OP to select the best answer.

If you think a particular answer does not work or is bad, I recommend that you respond to the respective comment and point out the problem.

I realize that this often isn’t practical, particularly when people seem to be ‘spamming’ with silly short comments that don’t add any value. We try to contain these comments and remove them. If we have missed any such comments, feel free to shoot an email to answers at makeuseof dot com and we will look into it.

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is very much appreciated!

• Drew Butler

Awesome! Thanks for response Tina :). I am glad to hear these features will be added in the future and I understand that these things take time so no worries. Can’t wait for everything to come together. Love this site and plan on contributing when possible for a long time to come. I just started a job working from home and currently have a full plate but if my schedule opens up a bit I have considered contacting the staff of MUO about contributing content for android apps & games.. I know this is a little jumbled but I don’t have time to proof read or anything right now.. Gotta get the kiddos down for a nap. BTW my idea isn’t really to write articles but contribute reviews on free and paid apps/games.

Thanks again for the detailed response and everyone have a great Sunday afternoon :).

• Drew Butler

This was the first question that I’ve asked on here and I have been through three threads discussing marking questions as resolved. Checked through the email I received after posting this, tried by checking this post through my profile page and the email link to this post and even repeated this process after disabling Adblock. I know there is supposed to be a link to mark this as resolved but I am failing to find it to do so… To be honest I’m kind of embarrassed although it could very well be an issue with chrome. I’ve noticed people on here seem to have more issues with chrome than other browsers but idk and Chrome is all I use.. Anyways… Tina could you please mark this as resolved and clue me in to what I’m missing because I just don’t have the time to read through anymore threads at the moment and I don’t want to leave this “Unresolved”.. Thanks in advance

• Tina Sieber

The “Mark this question as resolved” ‘button’ is located between the tags for this article and the similar questions. It’s not really a proper button, more like a text field with a text-URL and a blueish background color.

I will leave the question unresolved to give you a chance to spot it. Make sure you are logged in, then you should see it.

Note that you will not receive any notifications for new comments once you mark the Q as resolved.

• Drew Butler

Thanks Tina.. Thought a long time about it while I was away earlier and thought about previous issues I’ve had on here and sure enough the one thing that I didn’t do was what fixed it. I am always logged in on here so I logged out and logged back in and boom, there it was lol.

• Tina Sieber

Sounds like you want to become a contributor to our Directory.

• Drew Butler

Yes, I would like that very much. I’ve spent a lot of money on android apps and games and keep up with most newly published apps, especially ones that add key features that similar apps in the same category have missed. I would like to do some reviews and show a bit more than what I’ve seen as the “standard review”. I have a lot of ideas such as including information on reviews like whether the app includes app2sd support, known bugs, known device specific bugs, whether or not the app runs in the background and an average background M.O.R.C(Megs of Ram Count) if it does. I would also like to include information about notifications; as in Does the app push notifications? If it does Push notifications are they directly involved with your activity on the app or are these notifications nagging you for multiple and rather expensive IAP(In App Purchase). I had written a bunch more on this but ended up having an unexpected meeting last all night so I will continue this another time or come up with a review or two and forward them over to you guys. Is there another email address that it would be better for me to send those to?

• Tina Sieber

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I’m afraid this is not how it works. We pay contributors and thus there is a hiring procedure.

There are no openings for writers now or in the near future. I don’t know whether there are openings for Directory writers. The types of reviews you would like to write fit into the writer category.

Our app reviews are not as well structured as the ones you envision. You should think about creating your own app review website, maybe even create a review app or at least a website that can be easily browsed on mobile devices. Not sure this is a niche, but it sounds like it’s your passion and you should go with that. Good luck!

• Drew Butler

I am a little disappointed my ideas aren’t a good fit for MUO but I do understand and to be honest I have so much going on with different business ventures right now that it’s probably for the best lol.. Anyways… Thanks for all your time Tina. Everyone have a great day.

I did post a question in similar lines a couple of months back, to test the efficacy of the solutions suggested, it was not posted but I did get a communication in that regard from Tina. However, to remove bias, the agree / disagree option should not be open to the forum, but only remain with the person who originally posted the question in the first place. :)

• Drew Butler

Very valid point. I can agree and am glad to see I’m not the only one that thinks this would be a good idea :)