Can you recommend me a video card that can support 3 or 4 monitors?

Corey Carr April 12, 2013

I am looking for a video card that supports at least three monitors. I have a Dell 8500 and it came with one that supposedly supports two, but it doesn’t work no matter how many dozens of hours I spend trying so I gave up. I want one that supports three anyway, so here I am.

I really don’t care about graphics as I don’t play games, I just use it for business and application purposes. I appreciate any insight you may have.

1. nhp12345

If you only focus on business and application purposes then stay away from those Geforce or Radeon cards (they can support up to 6 monitors but they are optimized only for games). Go get yourself a Quadro/Firepro cards (for manufactures and design) or a Tesla cards (for calculation stuffs). To be more specific, I would recommend a Quadro K4000 (support up to 3 monitors) or a K5000 (support up to 4 monitors).

2. Prashanth Singh Rathore

ATi's HD 5000 series cards are most/all supposed to be "eyefinity" capable. The HD5870 I have has two DVI ports and a third mini-display port that allows the use of a third monitor. They have an "eyefinity" edition of the HD 5870 that actually has (if I recall) 6 mini-display ports.

The "eyefinity" edition is about $500US, about $100 more than the regular edition.
    The HD 5850, HD 5770, HD 5750, etc, are all priced at lower and lower values...unless you grab the Sapphire Vapor-X version, which is about $50-100 more than the base-line model. Then there is the Manufacturer's name. XFX and HIS are usually more expensive than some of the other models, and then there is Powercolor...which you should avoid, even if it is comparatively cheap like borcht.

Good Luck!

You can run two graphic cards which will give a four monitor setup. Which cards depends on your budget.

4. Prashant M

Get yourself GTX 650 Ti boost it can support 4 monitors but check out with manufacturers like Asus and Gigabyte I believe Galaxy GTX 650 Ti boost does'nt provide 4 monitor support... you will get two dual-link DVI, full-size HDMI and DisplayPort to connect you monitors. And yes you can even game hard with this GPU which is also not so expensive and is actually based on GTX 660 with some shaders disabled.