Can you recommend keyword tools to search and generate keywords and count competition?

Adam Gadiri January 9, 2013

Is there any free alternative to “KeywordCountry”, and Free keyword Tools, that can help me search and generate keywords, and count competition.

1. Amirul Nayan

Hi,i am using "websitestatschecker" keyword research seo tool.It is fantastic and effective keyword research seo tool to recover ranking details for a specific keyword, and then compare and view the competitors Google Page Rank, web site title, Bing Backlinks, Alexa BackLinks and many more. You can do keyword research by using this tool that will discover identical keywords, all applied by the similar domains.
    Sources:http://websitestatschecker.com/

2. CK Luther

i use Google Adwords, but I also check the free SEO Book Keyword Tool: http://tools.seobook.com/keyword-tools/seobook/. Once you register, your searches are free. Plugins are also available for most browsers (really useful).

4. Micheal

google keywords tool is actually the best. you know google control all the stuff.

5. Silhoutte James

Why don't you try google keywords tool, that's a genuine keyword tool

6. Ryan Dube

Hi Adam. There are a lot of great tools out there for keyword research, and tons that are free, but over the years I've been in the field, I've yet to come across one that is free that effectively shows competition data, among other things.

When it comes to getting good data, your best bet is really to try buying the cheapest subscription that the services offer and just testing the waters. You may find that it pays for itself once your site starts performing better, increasing revenue, etc...

My favorites as far as paid go are Nichebot and Wordtracker. Google adwords is a good free place to research, but remember that the definition of competition there is different than the way it's used elsewhere - but just look at it like if your goal is to publish content where ads will pay well, look for high-volume searches with high competition (in Adsense). If your goal is just to easily place high in the search engines for high volume search terms (and you're not so concerned about ad revenue), then other tools would be more useful than Adwords.

I could go on forever, sorry....short answer is that no, there aren't really effective keyword research tools out there that are free that are really good at showing competition data. You really do get what you pay for.

• Metapilot

I used to recommend Nichebot too, but their customer service stopped responding and then the service stopped working all together, so after years of using it, I left it. It's no longer worth it.