Can you recommend a good free easy tool to edit MP4 files?
Question by Mark O'Neill /

I have a big folder full of MP4 files, but I only want a certain section of each one. I have been looking for ages for a good free easy software app to cut and edit MP4 files, but I have so far been unsuccessful. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Vivien Lu

Any Video Converter Free is a free and easy to use tool to help you edit various video clips. It can can free trim any video files into several clips , merge multiple media files into one to make your own video, cut off unwanted borders from a video frame to feature a favorite clip, rotate to bring the action to put a new angle on the action, customize brightness, contrast, saturation, resolution to get the best effect, add subtitle, etc.

• Sathya Murthy

You can use camtasia studio which will help you in editing the MP4 files

• Alisa Fish

An easy handle Video Editor must be the one you want.
    http://www.goshareware.com/video-editor.html
    This one can Split, merge, crop videos and add effects with simple clicks.

• kumar raja

u can search in freewarefiles.com website u can find

For easy option,Freemake Video Converter is good.Although a converter,it’s easy to use and works best with CUDA enabled Nvidia GPUs else consume upto 99% CPU usage.

For a little complicated one but professional grade is Editshare’s Lightworks and is free too –

http://www.editshare.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66&Itemid=98

• Kannon Y

Hello Mark, I dealt with the exact same situation as you a few months ago and so had to evaluate a large number of video editing software. Fortunately, Wikipedia keeps an exhaustive list of free and open-source video editors.

Windows Live Movie Maker was by far the easiest to use, with no drawback. VideoLan Movie Maker had a similar interface and function, but it’s more or less strictly inferior to WLMM.

And basically all the other movie editors were overly complicated for the simple purpose of cropping video and audio.

One of the most irritating things is that many free softwares for video editing required registration. And ultimately, their software fell short of WLMM.

Yoooo!!!! Someone supported my suggestion on WLMM as otherwise was feeling kinda lonely with my suggestion. :)

• Gianna Marie Lanete

you can use vegas pro in cutting videos and audio. actually it is also use in video edting. :)

• Drew Butler

WeVideo for Google Drive is a pretty good chrome app. Hope this helps :)

• Souvik Chandra

Format factory is the best !!!