Can you recommend a good free easy tool to edit MP4 files?

Mark O'Neill November 9, 2012

I have a big folder full of MP4 files, but I only want a certain section of each one. I have been looking for ages for a good free easy software app to cut and edit MP4 files, but I have so far been unsuccessful. Does anyone have any suggestions?

1. Vivien Lu

Any Video Converter Free is a free and easy to use tool to help you edit various video clips. It can can free trim any video files into several clips , merge multiple media files into one to make your own video, cut off unwanted borders from a video frame to feature a favorite clip, rotate to bring the action to put a new angle on the action, customize brightness, contrast, saturation, resolution to get the best effect, add subtitle, etc.

2. Sathya Murthy

You can use camtasia studio which will help you in editing the MP4 files

3. Alisa Fish

An easy handle Video Editor must be the one you want.
    http://www.goshareware.com/video-editor.html
    This one can Split, merge, crop videos and add effects with simple clicks.

4. kumar raja

u can search in freewarefiles.com website u can find

For easy option,Freemake Video Converter is good.Although a converter,it's easy to use and works best with CUDA enabled Nvidia GPUs else consume upto 99% CPU usage.

For a little complicated one but professional grade is Editshare's Lightworks and is free too -

http://www.editshare.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66&Itemid=98

Hello Mark, I dealt with the exact same situation as you a few months ago and so had to evaluate a large number of video editing software. Fortunately, Wikipedia keeps an exhaustive list of free and open-source video editors.

Windows Live Movie Maker was by far the easiest to use, with no drawback. VideoLan Movie Maker had a similar interface and function, but it's more or less strictly inferior to WLMM.

And basically all the other movie editors were overly complicated for the simple purpose of cropping video and audio.

One of the most irritating things is that many free softwares for video editing required registration. And ultimately, their software fell short of WLMM.

Yoooo!!!! Someone supported my suggestion on WLMM as otherwise was feeling kinda lonely with my suggestion. :)

7. Gianna Marie Lanete

you can use vegas pro in cutting videos and audio. actually it is also use in video edting. :)

8. Drew Butler

WeVideo for Google Drive is a pretty good chrome app. Hope this helps :)

9. Terafall
  10. Souvik Chandra

Format factory is the best !!!

11. Ajikumar.A.G

I cann't download anything items, so please change my download management system.my download management system every time is complaint and faild .

This is off topic question and you need to post your question under the link -

http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/ask/?q=

Kindly elaborate it before posting it.

12. Harish Jonnalagadda

I was using Badaboom but that wasn't working anymore so I have shifted to Avidemux. Its an encoder and works just fine. Also take a look at MediaCoder. That is also a suitable alternative.

13. Justin Pot

I want to second the person who mentioned Audacity. It's the most full-featured audio editor out there if you don't want to pay.

14. Khaled Ahmed

koyatak video converter

15. Manuel Guillermo López Buenfil

I use Freemake Video converter.
    It is used mainly to convert between formats, but it contains an option to edit a video, which lets you cut parts of the video. You can also choose to merge several videos. After that, you can choose to 'convert' it to mp4 again with the 'same as source' settings.
    http://www.freemake.com/

16. Pwince Khan

try videotoolbox.com great site

17. josemon maliakal

audacity

18. Naveen Kumar

Microsoft Windows Live Movie Maker has a trim function. It is a free download and pretty easy to use software and supports MP4 format.

• Pwince Khan
      • Pwince Khan

if windows installed in your pc then you will find it in the start menu..no need to download

20. Erlis Dhima

You can use Format Factory, or if you wanna lose quality of video, and get a better cutting of the video (cut by frame), use Megui (but this is more advanced option).

• Lisa Santika Onggrid

Format Factory will convert the entire video. This might be useful if you want to convert it before editing. Windows Movie Maker works good enough for simple edits. If MeGUI is too advanced, you can try VirtualDub, which can also cut video frame by frame.

• Erlis Dhima

Format Factory will cut the video too, but using minutes and not frames! This is if you want a simple cut! For better cut you can use MeGui! WMM it's not a recommended version, I think! VirtualDub is advanced too, if you think about it! Also VirtualDub doesn't support too much formats!