Can you install Windows 7 programs like Office 2013 on Windows XP?

Sino Z July 3, 2013

I want to know if there’s some trick or something to do so that I can run Office 2013 on my PC running Windows XP!

Any ideas?

1. Ars

If you bought office 2013 sucks but i you pirated you can still download office 2010 its almost the same thing :)

2. Rajaa C

Use Kingsoft office instead. They have both paid and free versions and is very light. The download of the free version is around 43MB and for the paid is around 59MB. The paid version costs only $70 for a single user license. It can save to latest version Excel and supports macros and VBA. If that is not essential for you, then the free version is simply good enough. They also have an Android version too. Their suite supports all desktop Windows version from XP to 8. Looks and works very similar to MS Office, however much faster and lighter.

3. Lisa Santika O

For Office 2013, no. That's part of the strategy to encourage upgrade. Other programs created for Windows 7 might be able to run in XP so your mileage may vary. Most daily mill programs I see and use support XP and higher, but I expect the support will be dropped as time goes. Go to respective program's website for details.

Office 2013 Requires Windows 7 or higher (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee624351.aspx).

TIP: To find out the requirements for any package google " system requirements" and one of the first links will tell you exactly what is required.

5. Justin Pot

Sorry, you're stuck. Don't worry, though – the older versions of Office are still quite good. You're not missing out on many key features.

• Bruce E

For the most part, there haven't been any really useful features added since Office 2003 and many good ones have been removed.

The only trick is either upgrading your system to Windows 7 or 8 or else running Windows 7 or Windows 8 in a virtual machine in order to use Office 2013. In either case, you are still buying another operating system license.

7. Meilin D

It seems office 2013 cannot support XP.