Can you help us re-design the Answers landing page?
Question by Tina /

We want to re-design the MakeUseOf Answers landing page. And we want to do this based on feedback from the people who see this page the most: YOU!

Please take a minute to answer the following two questions:

1. What were you looking for when you came to the Answers landing page this time?

2. What would you like to see or do on the Answers landing page?

Looking forward to reading your creative answers!

I suggest adding metadata of questions like number of answers. Smaller font size of questions, having links to categories(tags) so that people with specific interest can go to their respective tag, user activities.

• Jim Dawkins

Make it like the yahoo – answers

• James Hudson

nice that you want are feedback

Thank you everyone for your feedback! I will go through each of the comments and may ask for additional details in case the comment wasn’t clear to me.

• Âdil Farôôq

I think current design is good only i want to see is that when someone closes the discussion then there will be option which was the best answer and highlighting it .

• SoftwareDemons

1. Just came to see IF i can help someone with my knowledge and gain more knowledge

2. I would like to see the best answers option like we have in answers.microsoft.com and answers.yahoo.com marked by moderators or by OP

• vineed gangadharan

Rating comments so do good…

• josemon maliakal

I think the design is pretty good..You have to add some new features like ‘likes and dislikes’ and popularity…and also disable comments of solved problems..

• Kamil Ko

Hi MakeUseOf,

1) I look to see if I can help any post with an unmentioned idea.
    2) I think the Answers page is good as is – I wouldn’t change anything.

• Usman Mubashir

current layout is good, simpler is better.
    change the physical appearance though, I want to be able to preview description of a question when I hover over it in the /answers page (just like we see comments on a torrent link @kat.ph