Anonymous

Can you help me root and install software on my Nook Simple Touch?

29 Oct 2013
Windows (Win 8.1)
Explorer 11
29 Oct 2013 | Windows (Win 8.1) | Explorer 11

Hi

My question refers to this article: Hack Your Nook Simple Touch Into a Super E-Reader in Three Easy Steps.

As the articles you said there are numerous posts on rooting and hacking the Nook Simple Touch but it is very confusing out there to find out which one I must be following to achieve the best possible stable hack.

However, you have mentioned about enabling fast refresh and pinch to zoom features in your opening paragraph. Now, I am rooted one more (previously just used Nook Manager to root but didn’t do anything about the kernel) after getting tempted to get the pinch to zoom as that is my main want to manage image-based PDFs and magazine PDFs.

After following your easy step-by-step now I am here with a rooted nook functioning as expected, I can notice fast refresh but I am missing the pinch to zoom – is this feature hidden somewhere in the setting that I need to go and enable it? Please help.

Opera Mobile says ‘it is not installed’ after a while of displaying the progress bar neither Naked Browser for some reason do not open after installing. I don’t want to anyway use my Nook for any sort of extreme test as I already own a tablet, I am mainly looking to perfect my reading features and apps to make it a complete all round device for reading.

Thanks once again!

Sany