Can you help me find an emulator to run Internet Explorer 9 on Windows XP?
Question by Robb Thurston /

I use Windows XP SP3. I love it, wouldn’t change it for the world, but I want to use advanced versions of IE. I need an emulator.

I am up to the limit: IE8, and Windows XP is not designed for IE9 or 10. I need a freeware emulator, so that I can run IE9 or 10. Help me get one, I cannot find any.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , , .
Awesome Internet (and Tips)
Awesome Internet (and Tips)
Stay Anonymous Online
Stay Anonymous Online
Windows_10
Windows_10
Windows Tips
Windows Tips
Windows Troubleshooting
Windows Troubleshooting
Best Windows Software
Best Windows Software
Web Security & Privacy
Web Security & Privacy
Mac OSX Tips & Issues
Mac OSX Tips & Issues

• hazem elsaiegh

try Virtual Box or VMplayer both are free tools to have an existing virtual machine that has an IE 9 istalled on it

The problem your going to run into is the fact that Microsoft is dropping support for windows xp in less than a year and after that you won't be able to fake it through anymore. The ideal resolution is to upgrade your equipment and move to windows 7 and save yourself a ton of trouble. You can also get windows 7 pro and download the xp mode virtual machine if you need to get your xp fix from time to time.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/products/lifecycle

This is a link to support my statement.

• Benjamin Glass

A much better method is simply to switch to another browser--IE9 is really not that great. Try Chrome if you have at least 2 GB of memory; SlimBoat with less.

• Tanveer Ahmed
  • Nikos Tafralidis

For the Love of God ,why you even want to do something like that? Answering your question , its all depenting on your hardware . If you have a capable PC you could do what the above users comment - Virtual Box and a windows 7 disk. But again why to get into all this trouble ? If your Pc is Old and you thing it can't handle montern Windows versions , then no emulator can do the job for you . No worry , Buy Win 7 starter Edition , which is a very light weight OS and old PCs can run smoothly with it. Furthermore win 7 is the best OS that Ms ever realised

• Réy Aétar

yes its light weight but what about the limitations?? cant neglect it..

• aelaos

With a Little Tinkering , you have no problem. I have it installed on a nine years Laptop , with Pentium M 1,6 GH and 1GB Ram and it Runs Smoothly for common daily tasks

• Nevzat Akkaya

Virtualbox, Vmware both can do the job. You just need a license to install Windows 7 on the emulator.

• Oron Joffe

You'll need VirtualBox and the suitable image from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11575

• Chris Hoffman

This is the best solution unless you have a Windows 7 installer disc lying around (in which case, you could just install Windows 7 in a VirtualBox or VMware Player instance).