Can you help me figure out an Office for Mac page numbering problem?

Gwenda Brown April 22, 2013

I am trying to format a long document with a title page, table of contents and body. I am using the 2011 version of Microsoft Office on a MacBook Pro. When I try to insert page numbering at the section where the body of the document begins, there is no “link to previous” button to click so that it doesn’t connect to the first section of the document.

The older version showed a Footer menu with “odd and even”, “link to previous”, etc. This version does not seem to have that. I can get the numbering to start at page 1 for the body, but it also shows on the title page and table of contents. How do I get rid of the numbering in the first section without it also disappearing in the second section?

1. Gwenda Brown

I've just found out how to fix it, so no need for responses - thanks. When you click into the footer, another 'Header and Footer' menu appears on the tab, which contains the functions I need. Silly me!

• yudics

good.. this can be my reference too, i have same problem when trying office program from microsoft..