Can you help me decide between these 7″ Wi-Fi-only Android tablets?

Rajaa Chowdhury May 6, 2013

With Asus and HP recently launching the form factor, in terms of features, value of money and ROI comparison of ASUS MemoPad vs. HP Slate 7 vs. Nexus 7 WiFi only, can someone shootout the pros and cons?

1. Bumferry

Speaking from personal experience the Nexus 7 is a great 7" tablet. The price alone sets it apart from most of the competition.
    There is no bloatware or unessential apps. The screen is great and very responsive. I am more than happy with the sound quality and speed of the machine as well.

I have the 32gb version that cost £199. (uk)

Don't know much about the others but if actual experience means anything The Nexus 7 is a well built, easy to use machine.

2. Harshit J

if you have to buy a tablet right now and can't wait and have $199 to spend, get Nexus 7. You will get latest android updates in time. HP Slate 7 is not that much good. See it's review here: http://goo.gl/qIARl . I don't recommend buying android tablets other than Nexus tablets. But if you don't want to spend $199 on a tablet, then Memo Pad 7inch will cost $150 and is quite good. If you can wait, then wait for 2nd Gen Nexus 7. It will be launched soo.

3. Erez Zukerman

One major thing to keep in mind re the Nexus is that it's pure Android. That's besides specs: It just means you'll always have access to the latest Android, and a ton of ROMs and openness.

All other things being equal, imho this is a major deciding factor.

Yeps, am aware that Nexus devices come with stock android and being google devices the latest version updates will be rolled out fastest in these devices. However, besides that, what else are the differences, if you can highlight.

• Erez Zukerman

I must say I'm not familiar with the other ones.

As I said Nexus WiFi only, the cellular data and GPS column is not applicable here. Considering that, only besides storage and screen resolution, I think HP Slate7 seems a good deal then.

sure you can remove that part concerning cellular data and GPS, the other specifications should be the same, also Nexus 7 4.1 is upgradable to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean, but in case of HP Slate 7 i am not sure

Nexus (1280x800 pixels) has better processor but do not have sd card reaser, if you take photo then you can use HP slate 1024x600 pixels) rear back 720p HD camera