Can you give me tips for selection of objects in Photoshop 7?
Question by Nanda Kishore Kasaram /

I want to select unkempt hair of a person who has a lot of curly hair. How do I do that in Abode Photoshop 7?
Thanks for the help in advance!

• EL

You can probably do it the same way they changed the sky on this one:

• Lisa Santika Onggrid

It’s tricky. I’m a beginner too and my method is to select it very carefully using polygon selection, or magic wand if the hair color contrasts with the background.

• Jan Fritsch

Haven’t used Photoshop in a long time ~ especially 7.0? The last time I did something was in CS5.5 or CS6.

Anyway, my suggestion would be to duplicate the image/layer about 2-3 times, try different methods in each layer and the final image would be some blend/multiply of the base image/layer and 1-2 of your “try-outs”.

For example you could try masking out everything except the hair you want and then blend it over the original.

Actually erasing hair you don’t want and blending it over the base image.

Not sure what else ~ Photoshop is mostly about testing out all kinds of stuff and finding some middle-way combination that will do. There is no definite step-by-step guide as the final result depends on all kinds of things like lightning, background color, etc.
    Step-by-step tutorials only apply to similar pictures which are usually studio photos with a white background.

Photoshop Elements: Change Hair Color – Light to Dark