Can we connect 2 wifi connections simultanously to increase speed from Dell inspirion 1420 laptop?

November 27, 2013

Hi,
Can I connect 2 wi-fi connections simultaneously to increase speed from Dell inspiron 1420 laptop.

It shows all wi-fis but when I connect one, i disconnects the other.

I have a broadband connection wi-fi and i want to create another from my mobile phone.
To increase speed, I want to check if i can connect both simultaneously.

running windows-7
network adaptor: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

Regards
Anil

1. Anil

Thanks for your suggestions.
    I liked the "Connectify dispatch" tool which is what i was looking for.
    I am able to combine ethernet and wifi connections through this software.

I was also looking to combine 2 wifi connections also from the same laptop adapter (I understood that a adpator can connect to one at a time).

Can we combine two internet connections through USB dongles (each USB dongle provides 2G connection)?
    Currently I don't have that but i was looking for th

2. Kypros V

Connectify dispatch is a great option..

Easy to use and with adequate documantation.

check if Connectify Dispatch can do what you want
    http://www.connectify.me/dispatch/

4. Manuth C

Only if you connect to Ethernet and wireless at the same time. Windows 8 will mix it for ya.

With only one wireless adapter in your laptop, you can only be connected to one access point at a time. With 2 network adapters using drivers that support bonding, you can use both connected to THE SAME network in order to boost throughput, but I have only seen that with wired adapters. You are looking to connect to 2 different networks simultaneously which tends to create huge routing problems even if you had a second wireless adapter to put to use for this.