How can I watch television recorded to my PC on my TV?

Anonymous April 7, 2014

I have recorded some TV on my PC, and I want to watch it on my television . How do I get the files from the PC to the TV? I have an external hard drive, but no cable to connect to the TV. In addition, I just got a flash drive (16 GB), thinking that would connect to the TV, but the recorded file will not copy to the flash drive, because it is too large. The file is 4715100 KB, which should be less than 5 GB, but when I try to move the file I get an error message saying the flash drive is not big enough. Totally confused. Does this have to be so complicated?

I just want to WATCH the program that I recorded on the PC– and I want to WATCH it on the tv at home, not on the pc at the office. Please help.

I agree with Dalsan's comments. It basically means it would be difficult to do this via an external drive (you could split the video using a video editor, but that will take a lot of time). Your best bet is to stream the video to the TV either using DLNA (see Hovsep's comment) or using a streamer such as Google ChromeCast.

If you are using a flash drive formatted in FAT32, then any file 4GB or larger would not be allowed to be saved due to the FAT32 size limitation. Formatting the drive to NTFS would allow larger file sizes to be saved, but then most TVs and devices would not be able to read the drive. exFAT format would allow files to be larger than 4GB as well, and some devices may be able to read the flash drive when formatted in exFAT.

Another thing to note is that the video file format must be compatible with the TV or other device connected to the TV, such as mpeg2 or avi. The best way to view the videos, especially with the file sizes so large, would be to save the files to your home computer and use the computer as a media server, or use the devices listed in Hovsep's link.

6 UPnP/DLNA Servers For Streaming Media To Your Devices [Cross-Platform]
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/6-upnpdlna-servers-streaming-media-devices-crossplatform/