How can I view photos from my Android tablet on my TV?

4861919 May 24, 2014

I have an Android tablet I would like to connect to my TV and show the photos.  The TV has a USB and a HDMI port.
Have tried the USB port but nothing shows up on the TV.  Any clues please?

Allan

1. 4861919

Thanks Dalsan M and Oron J for your help I (after some help from Google as well to identify the mini hdml bit)) got a cable hdml to mimi hdml ( tha tablet has a mini hdml port) and that worked fine.
    I also put the pics onto a usb stick and that works as well , the bonus part is that i got the tv connected to WiFi
    so now all i have to do is figure out how to send from the pc to the telly :)
    Thanks again for the help.
    Cheers
    Allan

• Dalsan M

You can try Samsung's AllShare for PC or Windows Media Center's media server option. Otherwise, use any media server software and it should send pictures, videos, and music to other Wi-Fi connected devices, including compatible tv's.

You may be able to plug the tablet into the TV's USB socket and use it in "mass storage mode" (that is, with the tablet behaving like a USB drive), but it's entirely possible the TV won't be able to find the photos.

Personally, I'd go for an alternative approach:
    1. Transfer the photos from the tablet to a USB drive (you can now get "double headed" USB drives with both an ordinary USB port and a micro-USB one, which makes this proposition quite simple.
    2. or you could get a Google ChromeCast device, plug it into your TV's HDMI port and set it up. You would then be able to "project" your Android's screen onto the TV!

What phone model and Android version are you using? What model is the TV (is it a "Smart" TV? This would help greatly in figuring out the best option as many several newer phones have MHL capability, which allows the micro USB port to be used for HDMI output into the TV.

Are there any Wi-Fi connected devices connected to the TV such as Blu-Ray with Wi-Fi, game system, or other device? Even some DVR/PVR devices available from a cable or satellite provider has streaming capabilities. For this, you can use Twonky Beam, available in the Play Store, you stream pictures, videos, and music to any network connected device that accepts streaming content.

• 4861919

Its 4.0.3 and the tv is a sony bravia it has hdmi and usb ports, thanks

• Dalsan M

Can you give the tablet brand and model? There may or may not be a micro HDMI port or compatible MHL cable.

You could try the suggestions here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/180592-extremely-easy-play-videos-photos-your-tv.html

As far as viewing the pictures, your TV may or may not have the ability to view pictures through USB, or you need to change the input setting on your tv. If your tv is Wi-Fi connected, you can share the pictures to the tv through DLNA by long pressing the pictures and selecting to share over Wi-Fi (may say something different as each device abd gallery app is different) or press the menu button while viewing a picture to get to the share option.

• 4861919

Yes it has a micro hdml port n....thanks

• Dalsan M

The best option would be getting a micro HDMI to HDMI cable so that you can mirror the display of your tablet to the tv. This would offer high definition images as well as capability to view videos, surf the web, play games, etc. on a big screen. Depending on your location, these cables can run from $4USD online to $20+ in-store.