How can I use the Plex for Android on a tablet to get Plex Server on a laptop to stream to an AV receiver?

Siribalwant K February 6, 2014

I have a Plex Media Server on my Windows 7 laptop. I have a Plex for Android app on my Nexus. I want to use the app as a remote to get my laptop’s Plex Media Server to stream files form the laptop to my Sony AV receiver. I can do it using the free BubbleUPNP app I downloaded on to my Nexus but not the Plex for Android app I paid for. Plex wrote back saying they don’t give tech support but they’ll give me a refund, though they havent yet. I’d rather pay for it and figure out how to get it to work. Any ideas? Thanks

1. Test T

I think you've misunderstood what Plex actually is. It's not a UPNP media source. A Plex server streams to a Plex client. You can play the media on your phone, but not on an AV receiver.