Can I use buy a domain and have it refer to a subdomain of blogger.com?

Mohammed A June 1, 2014

Hi,

I am a new blogger and have a questio. I have a Blogger blog which has .blogspot sub domain. Is it possible to buy the domain xyz.com and for it to show the content of xyz.blogspot.com? I mean, without hosting my blog on web hosting servers. In short, domain without web hosting?

Thanks in advance!

Yes. Domain registrars usually give you to option to do "web forwarding" (the name may change slightly from one registrar to the next) and all you need to do is type the address of your existing web site (e.g. xyz.blogger.com) into the registrar's page to get this working. Whenever someone types your domain name (xyz.com) they will be forwarded to the actual site (xyz.blogger.com).

The catch is that the address at the top will change to reflect the real address. My domain registrar also offers the option of "framed web forwarding" which will display the name of your domain (xyz.com) by doing some jiggery pokery. However, I don't know if this is a universal feature or only specific to some registrars.