How can I update the ROM on my rooted Galaxy Grand Neo GT-I9060?

Junior Lin October 30, 2014

I have a Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo GT-I9060 version. I want to upgrade my firmware but it fails. I can’t update with the system update in the phone and I already tried to update with Kies but that doesn’t work. I think I reset my phone to factory once and it is being rooted with Root Master even factory setting is reset. When I update with my system update in my phone, it said “Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available”. So pls answer me what should I do?

1. Susendeep.D

It depends upon what you want to do.If you want updates for which chances are slim,depending upon Samsung's decision,you can try hunting for ROMs.

You cannot update your device if it's rooted.So,if you want official updates,care for warranty,then unroot your device.If want custom ROM,bloat free experience,then keep it rooted.

• Pole

Where can I get custom rom?

• Susendeep.D

Pole,

You can get custom ROM by searching for term - custom ROM.For eg. - Galaxy Grand Neo GT-I9060 custom ROM or Sony Xperia Z3 custom ROM.Mostly,you can get them from XDA or Cyanogenmod sites.