How can I update Google Play Services to the latest version?

JHON November 9, 2014

I want to link a game to my GMail account so that I can play it on different devices. Problem is, when the game (Jungle Heat) tells me to link to my GMail account and I press on my GMail account, it opens a little window that reads “This application won’t run unless you update Google Play Services” and it reads on bottom “update”.

So, I click on it and it takes me to the play store app which only has “open” & “unistall” options! I have tried: cleaning the cache, clearing data and unistalling it. I also went to Google Play Store > Settings > Build version(4.8.20) tapping on it and found that it said “a new version of Google Play Store will be downloaded and installed”, so I clicked on it but nothing happened! How can I fix this please!? Someone shed light on this.

Thank you.

BTW, I use an Android Motorola Triumph

you can try this if you want: Settings>Apps>menu>reset app preferences.
    http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/50-android-jelly-bean-tips-tricks-and-hints-1113114