How can I uninstall the latest software update from my Samsung Tab 3?

Stephanie October 22, 2014

My Samsung Tab 3, which is 4.2.2 I believe, has been working very poorly ever since i updated it. How can I uninstall the new software update?

1. DalSan M

If the firmware version is Android 4.4.2 (most likely as it was the latest update from 4.1.2), then you cannot downgrade to 4.1.2 because the boot loader is locked (secure boot loader).

Per AndroidAyos.com, "Important Note: DO NOT DOWNGRADE back to the older Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 stock firmware version. Once your Galaxy Tab 7.0 already runs on 4.4.2 base firmware either rooted and custom builds you should only revert back to 4.4.2 stock firmware, same as it goes if you are still on 4.1.2 you may install back the the official 4.1.2 and then you can upgrade to 4.4.2 KitKat later on. We can not actually downgrade due to the current secured bootloader on every latest update." taken from http://www.androidayos.com/samsung-galaxy-tab3-stock-firmware-70/. As far as I know, there isn't a work-around to downgrade.

2. DalSan M

We would need the model of your tablet (there is a 7.0 version, 8.0, and I think 10.1 version) before suggesting where to get a previous version of Android and the tools to use to install it. Install the wrong Android ROM and you can either soft-brick or hard-brick your device; soft-brick is simple to fix, hard-brick is difficult, if at all possible, to fix by a general user (would need professional services).

• Smith

Hi, the same thing is happening to my Tab3 its 7.0 could you help me ?