How can I unfreeze my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2?

Anonymous March 16, 2014

My samsung Galaxy Tab 2 just went off . Now, although the lights at the bottom (back, home etc) are still on, it won’t do anything! I’ve tried all that has been said to do. Please help…

1. Gill K

Sorry, it's the first tab p1010. It wont do anything but the lights are stuck on. I'm going to try taking battery out but thank you.

if the battery is empty you cant do much, if it is hardware problem and samsung is under warranty then get to the support.

Does Kies recognize your samsung Galaxy Tab 2 when plugged topc? if you dont have Windows, the try on another pc.

Try to boot to recovery mode:
    1) Shut down samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    2) hold Volume Up and Power at the same time until you see the Samsung logo appear, then release.
    3) you will get few options, like reboot system now, wipe data/factory reset

First of all, try holding down the power button and volume down button for a long time (around 30 seconds) and see if that switches off the device, then switch it on again. If this doesn't work, remove the battery for a few seconds, insert it and start it up again.