How can I unbrick my Samsung phone?

Anonymous February 28, 2014

My S3653 had mistaken to firmware 3850 and it cant turn on. It’s dead. I followed volume down+camera+turn on but nothing happened. What other options do I have to recover my phone?  Thanks.

[Ed note: I think OP means he mistakenly updated his phone with the firmware for another model.]

If your phone will not turn on, even after charging the phone, then your phone is bricked. If you cannot get into recovery mode or download mode, the only way to recover the phone is by using JTAG services.

The article that kihara linked to is a good resource for "soft-bricked" devices, but does not mention much of anything for "hard-bricked" devices except to try to exchange the phone from your service provider...something I really don't recommend except as a last resort.

Here is a link to a YouTube video which shows how JTAG services can unbrick a hard-bricked Samsung Galaxy Note, but in the description are links to the the JTAG service center that can try to unbrick your phone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0SX3iDuIZc&app=desktop

There are very few other methods that a user can unbrick a phone, but are usually for specific popular phone models. I haven't seen any of these methods that you can try for your phone, so try finding JTAG services in your area or online that you can use.

2. kihara