How can I transfer videos from my Samsung Galaxy Tab to an SD card?

Ray November 21, 2014

I have a Samsung 10.1 Android tablet. My device’s memory is full,  mainly with videos of holidays. Can I transfer these to an SD card I have recently inserted and if so how?

1. DalSan M

For future reference, you can use the My Files, File Manager, or similar app on the Tab to move the videos, pictures, and other files to your SD card instead of having to plug the Tab into the computer. Since you have the SD card installed, you may want to go into the camera settings to change the default save location for pictures and videos to your SD card. This way you don't have to worry about using the internal storage, and makes it easier to transfer to other devices and/or the computer (via a micro-SD to SD card adapter or micro-SD card reader).

2. Ray

Thank you for your replies _ I have now got it sorted

There's an app on your tablet Already installed called SMART SWITCH. This will transfer to sd card. And free up some space.

3. Susendeep.D

If your windows system has properly installed driver for your tablet(if not,install Kies software which will install the driver),then you can see an explorer window to open up automatically(or else you can go to explorer to open up your device).

There you can see two folders,SD card and Ext SDCard.Go to SD card and you may find it under Videos folder.Cut,copy and paste the files to your desired folder,you created under Ext SDCard.

you can plug Samsung 10.1 Android tablet to pc and transfer videos from there to sd card