How can I sync SkyDrive and my Android phone?

Velmurugan S January 15, 2014

I need to store and sync all the files and folders in my SkyDrive to my Android phone. Can you explain to me please how to do this same like SkyDrive in Windows Desktop Syncing.

1. Velmurugan S

Thanks dear. Thank you very much. You solved my requirement.

2. Luke

There's an app called FolderSync that can do it, but last I knew it was a manual sync only for SkyDrive. It actually supports a bunch of other cloud storage providers too that I don't remember having that limitation. Why it won't for SkyDrive I don't know, but the manual sync works pretty well.

3. Curtis

Missing the point...

Sounds like he is wanting an option to sync selected files or folders to & from his skydrive to perhaps the SD card? So the local files on the phones SD card are in sync with what is seen on the desktop app/web interface.

SMEStorage looks like it might work

• Velmurugan S

yeah. you understand my requirements. please give me some valuable solution for my requirement.

thanks in advance

When you upload (or sync) to the cloud (SkyDrive), you upload a copy to the cloud. The original copy would remain on the original storage device (phone's internal or external storage). If you want to download a copy of the file from the cloud, you can do so with the mentioned SkyDrive compatible apps.

• Velmurugan S

Dear Hovesp, I want to sync my skydrive with my android mobile and keep local copy in my mobile memory card. Same like in my windows desktop.

Hi Velmurugan,
    I was the editor who moderated and posted this question. It seems to me you are asking two different things:
    1. How to sync SkyDrive (cloud storage) with your Android mobile phone. The answer is that you can use the SkyDrive app (free from Google Play).
    2. You want to know something about SkyDrive and Windows Desktop Sync, but it's not entirely clear to me what. Can you clarify please?

Thanks,