How can I sync Chrome browser sessions between devices?

Drsunil V April 14, 2014

How can I sync the option to ‘continue where I left’ for webpages opened in Chrome ‘across devices’? On checking the option it happens on the same device only, even though I have Chrome on another workstation under same account is used!

1. Tim B

Yes, this should happen automatically when you sign in. On a desktop you'll find the option under the menu button (looks like three horizontal lines) to "Sign into Chrome...".

Once you've done so, your tabs, bookmarks and other user data will be synced with your Google Account, then when you login on either another computer, your Android phone or a tablet like an iPad, it'll all be there!

• Drsunil V

Thanks. I had signed in to same account on both devices but browser sessions re-open only on same device , but not on another device with same account signed in

Sync tabs across devices
    https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2591582?hl=en
    is this what you tried?

• Rajaa C

Also you need to stay signed in, in the google chrome browser with your gmail authentication in all your devices.

• Drsunil V

Thanks. Yes i was signed in , but the tabs session re-opened only on same device , not on other device with same account signed i

Customize sync settings
      https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/1281195?hl=en
      5.In the "Advanced sync settings" dialog that appears, choose what you want to sync. Sync Everything and ensure Open Tabs is ticked

Android Chrome Settings - Sync Everything and ensure Open Tabs is ticked

• Drsunil V

Thanks. It helped partially. On app for Android , the 'other devices' section showed pc browser sessions. But on opening pc browser , the mobile sessions were not seen though 'sync open tabs' is enabled on pc and mobile

• Drsunil V

It has been seen that browser sessions across devices are seen in 'history' on pc. The sessions are specific for device on browser start. You may add to this point