Can you suggest an honest and competent technician in NYC?

Anonymous January 19, 2014

I hope someone knows of an honest and competent computer technician to recommend for in-home work on my 2-year old Dell desktop. I live in the Times Square area in NYC. My Windows 7, and especially, my email client, Windows Live Mail, have a high number of glitches, plus I bought a tuneup service which didn’t do any of the “cures” they advertised, instead all my email folders and files are gone!!!

I figure perhaps an uninstall/reinstall of the email program and then fix whatever is left? If so, should one try to recuperate the lost files first, before they disappear forever? Or the reinstall first? Hopefully if I find a good/competent technician he or she will decide…. :o)

Money is no object (within reason) for an honest and competent technician in NYC. If anyone knows of such person or company please kindly let me know?

Thanks ever so much!

1. Adela

Thank you but...my friends and acquaintances don't have computers. I didn't renew Angie's list because I never ever found the doctors and other professionals I sought to see their reviews.

2. dragonmouth

No to be a wise guy but how would you find any "honest and competent" handiman in New York City? Ask friends/acquaintances. Check out Angie's list.