Can you suggest a GIF converter that will save frames from a video clip, and then allow my to convert selected frames into an animated GIF?

Satishchowdaryp June 16, 2014

I am looking for GIF converter software which can store the frames of video into particular folder with given resolution. and later convert all the frames selected to GIF image. Can you please suggest such a product?

I recall a decade ago renaming MPEG-1 clips to *.GIF and then opening them with ImageReady. Then I just stripped the frames I didn't want. But then again, these days most movies are anything but MPEG-1 clips and ImageReady was discontinued.

I guess the easy method is as Oron suggested:
    Take stills/frames from the video and add them together in an image editing program which can create animated GIFs.

You can use IrfanView to extract frames from a video (Options=>Extract all frames) in .bmp format. Unfortunately, you can't use the same software to create an animated GIF. There are tons of animated-GIF creators though, from online services to specialised apps. Two apps I've tried are Faststone Image Viewer (works, but slow) and UnFREEZ (small, simple and quick, but the images all have to be in .gif format, so you'll need to batch convert them in IrfanView first).

There are also many online animated-GIF creators which will take a video clip as input which may save you a stage along the way.