How can I stop SpeakIt! from pausing in the middle of sentences?

Alex June 10, 2014

There is a problem I have with a third party extension for Google Chrome called SpeakIt! which makes it so that whenever I highlight some text on a web page the extension begins to read the text using its own built-in speech synthesizer. The only problem with it that I have noticed so far is the fact that it pauses every now and then as if there was period at some point during the sentence. This throws me off quite a bit as I am listening to the speech synthesizer read the text on the web page but then pause for a quick moment and restart again as if a new sentence were to have started. Please help me figure out what is causing this problem and what I can do to fix it.

Thank you very much for all your kind help.

1. kelvin

The only solution is to get another browser like Yandex browser for English. It is far better than chrome which is heavy. Yandex browser can auto fill your entry requirements when your using a website. I use it for my website here where I specialize in research.

• Alex

Tried Yandex. Nothing seems to have changed. It's actually even worse now. Whenever I click play, no audio plays at all.

• Alex

No answer? Okay. That works too.